Working at Emerald Bio
As leading provider of sophisticated laboratory supplies and automation for gene to protein crystal structure research, Emerald Bio continues to search for qualified candidates in a variety of positions. If you are interested in belonging to a dynamic and enthusiastic team, developing your potential and using your skills to contribute to our success, Emerald Bio would like to hear from you. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to contact you if a position opens that we feel you may be interested in learning more about. No phone calls please.
X-ray Crystallographer and Project Leader
We are searching for an experienced X-ray crystallographer who can serve as a project manager for multiple client collaborations in support of structure based drug design and fragment based screening programs. Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is strongly encouraged. Significant research experience in the following areas will be highly advantageous: Membrane protein crystallization, ligand-observed NMR screening and/or protein expression in eukaryotic cells.
- A PhD in structural biology or closely related field
- At least 5 years of post-doctoral or industry experience
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills for our dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage project costs and timelines to ensure profitability within our contract research environment
Senior Research Associate / Bedford, MA
We have an immediate opening at our Bedford, MA lab for a Senior Research Associate in our Cell Culture laboratory. Ideal candidates will have experience with general cell culture techniques including retrovirus work and cell line generation; protein purification experience would be a plus. This is an opportunity to join our new Boston area lab as a result of our growing business needs; the right candidate will be able to work independently and will have excellent communication skills.
- B.S. / B.A. in Life Science discipline or comparable field
- Hands-on wet lab experience at the bench (cell culture, protein purification or other)
- At least 4 years full time research laboratory experience
- At least 2 years virology/retrovirus/cell line generation experience
- At least 2 years protein purification experience
- Full understanding and experience in Cell culture including sterile technique and cell culture laboratory methods
- Protein expression optimization and analysis
- Protein purification – purifications utilizing the AKTA platform, membrane proteins and purifications, advance experimental analysis and troubleshooting
- Maintain clean and safe laboratory
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE / PROTEIN PURIFICATION CORE
Our Protein Purification Core has an immediate opening for a Research Associate in our Bainbridge Island, WA facility. The position will involve execution of laboratory activities to support contract research at Emerald Bio. The Research Associate I (RAI) will be trained in all responsibilities and the goal of that training is the ability to consistently perform duties with minimal supervision after one year. The RAI will have the responsibility to present findings to the group and company occasionally. Responsibilities in the Protein Purification Core Group Laboratory include but are not limited to the following: purification of various proteins utilizing the ӒKTA platform, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, DLS, utilization of the Protein Maker, characterization of proteins, maintaining a laboratory notebook, documentation of all data. Responsibilities may also include cross training with other core groups.
· purification of various proteins utilizing the AKTA and the Protein Maker as well as SDS-PAGE, HPLC and Fluorescent HPLC
· membrane protein preparations and purifications
· detergent screening, characterization of proteins
· supervision and mentoring of direct reports
· presentations of findings to various groups
Education and Experience:
· At least 1 year of applicable research experience
· Basic laboratory skills
· Knowledge and understanding of protein biochemistry and protein crystallization highly desirable
Group Leader / Molecular Biology / Bainbridge Island, WA
We are seeking a talented and experienced Molecular Biologist to join a multi-disciplinary team focused at our Seattle area facility. The successful candidate will lead a group responsible for the design and engineering of genes for expression and purification of recombinant proteins for use in biochemical assays, structural biology and other biophysical methods. The candidate must have expertise in classical and contemporary molecular biology procedures for the expression of a broad range of protein types in a variety of prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression systems.
The candidate will be expected to participate in a project team setting and provide technical input to team decisions. The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communication with internal scientist clients, meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations, and having an entrepreneurial spirit.
Candidates must hold an advanced degree in molecular biology or closely related field and must have managerial and team leader experience. The successful candidate will collaborate with a diverse group of scientists in a dynamic, fast-paced environment requiring exceptional organizational and communication skills. In addition to driving the scientific progress of molecular biology collaborations, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing project costs and timelines to ensure profitability within our matrix research environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gene design for synthetic genes
- Cloning/mutagenesis from cDNA, using PCR reactions, etc.
- Agarose and SDS-PAGE gel electrophoresis
- DNA sequencing and analysis
- bacterial protein expression cultures; protein expression testing
· supervision and mentoring of direct reports
- Advanced degree in Life Science with at least 8 years of applicable research experience in industry or academia
- Advanced training/background necessary to perform the duties as listed
- Lab skills; knowledge and understanding of molecular biology
· Experience in the industrial/high-throughput cloning setting is preferred
Research Associate / Crystal Core
We have a Research Associate position in our Protein Crystallography laboratory (Crystal Core). The ideal candidate will have experience in wet lab work, dexterity to work with fragile protein crystals, an interest in working with robotic machines, attention to detail and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
•B.S. / B.A. in Life Science discipline or comparable field
•Hands-on wet lab experience
•Set up and analysis of crystallization experiments
•Optimization of protein crystals
•Harvest and cryoprotection of protein crystals
•X-ray analysis and data collection with protein crystals
•Crystal core housekeeping